The original owners of 5810 Bright Avenue were named Eason and that is why it is referred to as the Eason House. They had moved to Whittier from Oregon, where they had already made their fortune. Although they built the house in 1930 and moved into the home during the Depression, they obviously had made a sizable fortune as their home spared few details. Mr. and Mrs. Eastman, and there two daughters, bought the home in 1947. Eastman was a chemist for Texaco. In 1967, the Taylor family bought the home.
Local designation date is October 22, 2002.
SOURCES: The information on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge. It has been obtained from the original local designation documents and edits from the Whittier Historic Neighborhood Association. It may also include ongoing current ownership input.