The Guirado House located at 6237 Greenleaf Avenue was built for Edward and Mary Ann Guirado in 1905. The home stood on a two-acre lot on Greenleaf Avenue with fruit trees, a duck pond and two barns. The sego palm in the front yard was a wedding gift to the Guirados.
The home includes many features of the late Victorian Shingle style: a stone base, the two-section fixed windows in the bays, corbels under the eaves, and the broad with masonry block columns. The house was converted to apartments in 1922.
Local designation date is September 25, 1991.
SOURCES: The information above has been obtained from the original local designation documents and edits from the Whittier Historic Neighborhood Association. It may also include ongoing current ownership input.