The house at 8310 Comstock Avenue is known as the Jordan House. It was built in 1888 by Orin L. Jordan, the builder.
This residence was one of the early ranch homes in Whittier. Influenced somewhat by Victorian architecture with round and triangular shingles under the gables, general gable ornamentation, and decorative woodwork for the porch railings. It was moved from its original Whittier Boulevard location in 1926: the brick base was added during the relocation. Alterations to the residence include the enclosure of the upper story balcony and in 1918, enclosing the rear porch with glazing. In 1919, the dining room was enlarged and a solarium was added.
Local designation date is September 25, 1991. The identification number is #13. No Mills Act Agreement was established at the time of the Local Designation. The Orin Jordan House was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
SOURCES: The information above has been obtained from the original local designation documents and edits from the Whittier Historic Neighborhood Association. It may also include ongoing current ownership input. Please contact us with updated information that you possess.