The residence at 6523 Bright Avenue was built in 1894 (estimate). It is a two-story structure in the Victorian style of architecture. Edward S. Chase is listed as the builder and the house is referred to as the Chase House in local documentation. Some of the architectural features include decorative brackets, fish scale shingles, a mansard roof, spindlework detailing and a boxed cornice. An addition in the same styling was constructed in the side of the residence.
Local designation date is September 25, 1991. It is identified as landmark #16. No Mills Act Agreement was connected to this residence at the time it was locally designated.
SOURCES: The information on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge. It has been obtained from the original local designation documents and edits from the Whittier Historic Neighborhood Association. It may also include ongoing current ownership input.