6516 Bright Avenue was built in 1901 and subsequently relocated here from 6502 Bright Avenue.
The Briggs’ were a prominent founding family in Whittier. William P. Briggs was a citrus rancher, a charter member of the First Friends Church, and the first Justice of Peace for the Whittier Township. The architecture of their residence at 6516 Bright Avenue itself includes a corbel chimney, fish scale shingles, dormers, carved brackets and a bay window. Known alterations include removal of iron cresting on the porch and roof, alteration of wood siding the porch base and change from single-family residential to commercial office.
Local designation date is August 22, 1989. It is designated as landmark #3.
As of the date of local designation there was no Mills Act Agreement connected to this property.
SOURCES: The information above has been obtained from the original local designation documents and edits from the Whittier Historic Neighborhood Association. It may also include ongoing current ownership input.