13302 Hadley Street was built in 1900 and was home to W.R. Fitch, as listed in the 1956 Whittier City Directory.
This residence is significant as an excellent example of Dutch Colonial Revival architectural style, which is part of the larger Colonial Revival movement. Growing out of the Philadelphia Centennial of 1876, Colonial Revival refers to the entire rebirth in interest in early American architecture, specifically the English and Dutch architecture along the Atlantic seaboard. The style gained popularity in the 1880s, but continued to be employed through the twentieth century.
Local designation date is July 7, 2015. It is identified as landmark #76. No Mills Act Agreement was connected to this residence at the time of the Local designation date.
SOURCES: The information above has been obtained from the original local designation documents and edits from the Whittier Historic Neighborhood Association. It may also include ongoing current ownership input.